Saturday, June 17, 2006

Raving and Drooling

Originally Written: Saturday, July 30, 2005

Today while driving to work I heard on the radio that Pink Floyd would NOT be touring despite being offered 100 million dollars for a US tour. For the mathematically challenged that's $25 million each. This is artistic integrity bordering on insanity, and everyone thought Syd was nuts! They will never get an offer this high again, what are they thinking! I know that Roger and David hate each other, but come on! They wouldn't even have to write or record an album, just tour. They could do that and never speak to one another the entire time. I would pretty much put up with any situation or person for an entire year for $100 million. Most of us would consider ourselves lucky to see 10% of that in our lifetimes. I'm not sure that I can respect anyone who leaves that much money on the table. In related news they also turned down my offer of a cool $1000 dollars and all of the Guinness they could drink to play my next birthday party. When we are talking about $100 million it is no longer considered selling out, it's called cashing in. There is a difference.

No comments: